Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Travel

DESCRIPTION
Wow. I love Traveltron 5000. Traveltron was able to book my trip to my favorite destination! Well, maybe not my favorite destination. Not even really my second favorite. Actually, I wound up in Baghdad. But that's OK! It was a pleasant surprise. Well, maybe not "pleasant", but fun. I guess that depends on how you define fun. Actually, it wasn't fun.

While being held captive by insurgents, I tried to phone the nice folks at Traveltron. It was busy, so I tried again. Later in the week I got through. According to their records the real Josh was in Kentucky, so they thought it was a prank and hung up on me. It was kinda funny. No, actually it wasn't.

I finally escaped the insurgents, stole a car, and stopped off for a burger at McDonald's (or the Iraqi equivalent of a McDonalds called ¸¸µ‎∂µ¸‎∂). I then took off driving across the desert trying to find a better vacation spot. After driving several hours, I crossed the border into Turkey. There I found a Turkish Pay Phone and again called Traveltron. They unfortunately refused to believe that Turkey was a country and again hung up on me. Ibeginningining to think I wasn't even speaking with a real person.

I will not go into details, but after riding in the back of a truck with 100 chickens, a canoe trip, an awkward game of truth or dare, a very long boat ride, and a horrible time at US customs, I made it back home.

I wanted to go to the office of Traveltron 5000, but I discovered there is no office. I tried to find a live person associated with the company, but with no luck. I knew I should have gone to First National Travel. Josh Krannawitter Web Designer Awesome Web Design

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home